Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Eve

The end of the year. It is always a time of reassessing what has happened the previous year and pondering what to change for the next year. I plan on reading through the Bible this year using The One Year Bible reading plan and The One Year Bible Companion, which is a handbook of key questions and answers to daily readings in the One Year Bible. Resolutions? Not so much. But I do try to start out things this time of the year...something about a fresh start seems so positive.

What did we do today, the last day of 2008? We helped stimulate the economy by purchasing a brand new Toyota Sienna, right off the showroom floor. What are the odds of finding a van with the exact options we wanted on the showroom floor?
This evening we went to Mark and Cindi's house for a New Year's Eve party. It was a very relaxing time of chatting and catching up with people, while the kids played and played and played. Unfortunately, William ended up getting sick around 11ish, so we needed to leave early. Poor guy.
So, may the new year bring many adventures into your lives and I look forward to seeing what is around the next corner for us.

8 comments:

Carol Connell said...

Hi Andrea,

Congratulations on your new van purchase. I really like the color. We have a Toyota Sienna too, and I just love it. Reading your Bible through in a year is a great resolution. It's always been a blessing to me whenever I've done it. Happy New Year to you and your family too.

Anonymous said...

I like the new van - I also like your resolution. Happy New Year to you and your family - thanks for being such a blessing to me and mine!

wedogmomma said...

Happy New Year! Happy Van!
Soo cool!
I'm green over here....;)
It's such a blessing though when you've been content with the crazy, break-down, fix and repair mode of transport....Now you're under warranty! Yay!!

Sonya said...

Sweet van! Congrats! I know the feeling of having a so-so reliable car and then all of a sudden you've got new wheels! woohoo

Maritez said...

Congrats on the new van...I LOVE my Sienna...Happy New Year!

Stef said...

Congrats! That is a beautiful van and I love the color!! Can't wait to see it in person. Isn't it depressing that, unlike houses, the second you buy a new car, it goes down in value? Not to depress you or anything. ;)

Anonymous said...

You these things, I have read twice, for me, this is a relatively rare phenomenon!
Personalized Signature:常州麻将,常州三打一,常州攻主,常州斗地主,常州4人升级

Anonymous said...

Good article, good things, good feelings, good BLOG!
Saftey Net