Monday, December 8, 2008

Pumpkin Muffins

Last night I finished What is the What. This is an incredible story of one of the Lost Boys of Sudan and there were many things in the book that made me stop and think.

Today was playgroup for James.....it sure is fun to meet with other mom's and watch all of our little ones change and grow. I then baked 5 dozen Pumpkin Muffins for a Mom's Night Out treat exchange which I just got back from.

Pumpkin Muffins
2 cups flour (I use whole wheat flour typically)
2 cups brown sugar (I don’t pack it down)
2 Tablespoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon cloves
2 cups pumpkin (I use 1 large can)
1 cup milk
4 eggs
2/3 cup shortening
2 more cups of flour

Grease muffin cups or place in paper liners. In large mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, and cloves. If you don’t have all the spices, do without. Or, use pumpkin pie spice instead. Add pumpkin, milk, eggs and shortening. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on medium to high speed for two minutes. Add the remaining two cups of flour; beat until blended. Fill muffin cups ½- ¾ of the way. I use an ice-cream scoop to make it easier. Cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Makes about 36 muffins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm liking this blog^^