Saturday, December 6, 2008

Woo hoo. We made it home. We left Anaheim on the early side (8am) due to the potential transmission issues and wanting to have daylight to take care of things if the van broke down along the way. Well, the van made it home with all of us, but it kept slipping out of gear as we (well, that is Ken) was driving. So good to be home. Now we need to figure out what to do with the van. I don't want to have to replace van, but on the other hand, a working transmission is important. Decisions, decisions.

We just finished up a family movie night- we ate burritos from La Costa and watched Prince Caspian. I thought the kids hadn't seen it, but it turns out they had. Fortunately, they were thrilled about being able to see it again. It was a great movie.

I read some more of What is the What. There are so many challenging things in this book- hard to believe this has happened/is happening as we speak. I like reading books that take me out of my comfort zone and expand my view of the world. It is so easy to get stuck in my life and the American way, but I don't want to get complacent in where I am. There is too much more to the world than what I see.

No new things to experiment with in terms of blogging. One of the things I have had floating in my mind regarding this is who is my audience and what should be the frequency. So, I guess the experiment will continue. I am liking it so far!

2 comments:

wedogmomma said...

Me, me! I'm your audience.........does that sound too eager? Ha haa...just trying to help.....

Ooo I think I'll have to get a copy of that book! I've been following the Lost Boys for a few years...and each time I read more about them it seems like two worlds crashing and remolding...I love it! Just like you said...way out of my comfort zone/familiar place!

Andrea said...

If you haven't seen the movie "God Grew Tired of Us," I highly recommend that also. The Contra Costa library system has copies. It is very powerful.