Friday, December 26, 2008

Toys!

James is just starting to sit up and play more intentionally with his toys. He doesn't crawl yet, but squirms around, rolls, pushes and pulls and gets to where he wants to be. It is pretty addicting sitting around and watching him play with his new toys. His favorite gift....a carrot! Maria bought it for him from http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306044 We definitely plan on adding to his collection going forward. Now....if only I could learn to make these we would be set. But I have a feeling that we just may keep the other lady in business instead.

Although I just found my bag of knitting supplies and have contemplating starting to knit again. The problem is time. 24 hours in a day. 7 days is a week. 365 (sometimes 366) days in a year. And I find that the lure of books is so strong. Right now I am reading Cathedral of the Sea by Ildefonso Falcones. I really liked Ken Follett's Pillars of the Earth, so thought I would give this a try. I am definitely enjoying the following of a character from pre-birth to young adulthood, although I am only on page 159 of 603, so I am assuming that the book will end at his death. But, haven't read the last chapter yet, so not sure where the end will be. I like the writing style too.

What toys are the older kids enjoying this year? Ipods! Both Maria and William got Ipods and have been on ITunes buying a few songs, games, videos, and TV shows. They didn't receive a whole bunch of toys this year...funny how things change when you get older. They each received a DVD and have watched both Wall-E and Sleeping Beauty. And what toys did I get? Kitchen toys! I am looking forward to trying out my new Kitchen Aid...I have never had one of these before, so it will be fun to see what it can do.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

The couldn't do any baking without my KitchenAid - it has become the ultimate essential for me - yeah!!!! I am so happy to hear when someone gets one!!!