Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

I am sleepy. I am happy. I am full. What a fun day full of food, conversations, food, visitors, food, and oh, did I say food! Things are winding down at our house as the kids and my dad are all in bed, the presents are under the tree, the dishwasher is running, my two sisters and their husbands are getting ready for bed, and I am soon to go to upstairs too. Christmas Eve dinner, or should I say feast, was prepared by Ethan. We had chicken, lamb, steak, and duck, Persian beef shanks as our meats. We had a savory tajine, a sweet tajine, some bbq'd meat, couscous, hummus, tabouli, a fancy salad with star fruit and two kinds of fresh roasted beets and argula, two kinds of olives, lavash bread, raita, pomegranate seeds (thanks Sarah!), rolls, and a variety of sparking juices. To say I am stuffed would be an understatement. Now, off to bed for me!

2 comments:

wedogmomma said...

Mmmmm...so sorry to have missed the cookies...we ended up ALL over the place today...but yes, it's a great feeling to retire now...satisfied...snuggled and content. Merriest of Christmases to you!

Trixie said...

Thanks for opening your home! The moments I was able to stop in was so enjoyable!