Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The First Post- trial month beginning

I have never blogged before and not sure if this is a wise thing for me to embark on. I am going to try some various things this month and then maybe settle into some sort of routine at the start of the year. Or, it all may just fizzle out and fade away to oblivion.

I am currently at Disneyland staying at the Park Vue Inn with my family. Baby James is snoozing away while the rest of us are on our laptops. We drove down today and the transmission on the van started acting up again. It will be interesting to see what happens on the way home. Nothing like intermittent car issues. We went into California Adventure for about 1 1/2 hours and then headed over to Disneyland for about an hour. A nice way to end the day.

I just started reading What is the What by Dave Eggers on the drive down and am enjoying it very much. The cover made me nervous....it looked like it might be a bit dull, dry, something to trudge through. But I was pleasantly surprised at the smoothness of the writing and how enjoyable of a read. Well, not enjoyable in the sense of making me feel good, but certainly a fascinating read. It is a novelized autobiography of Valentino Achak Deng, who is one of the Sudanese "Lost Boys" and it is an interesting glimpse into another world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the blogosphere

Annabelle said...

Contratulations! You have such a full life, it will be great to get this glimpse into it!