Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bliss

Today was a good day. First was church where we sang Christmas carols and Pastor Larry preached a sermon titled "Remember that God is For Us" from Romans 8:31-34. We invited the Hartsooks to join us for a turkey dinner, and were thrilled that they were free later in the day. The afternoon was full of shopping and preparing food and getting the house ready, along with feeding James. I love nursing him, and I get a lot of good reading time in. Almost finished with What is the What...I am planning on finishing it tonight. (I think I like italicizing titles better than underlining, makes the hyperlinking less confusing.) I took Maria to perform with Heavenbound Choir at Lone Tree Convalescent Hospital, where she ended up reading some passages from the Bible, sharing her testimony and leading prayer time. Then back home, where people started to come and join us. First the Hartsooks who came bearing some yummy desserts. Another family, the Sundin's, were next and they also joined us for dinner. Last but certainly not least, the Yrigollen family joined us for dessert.

Church, shopping, cooking, entertaining, people coming and going from the house, that pretty much is one great day in my world! Looking forward to what this next week holds.

No comments: