Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Uneventful day

What a nice, uneventful day. I went and did my major shopping trip for making two weeks of food to put in the freezer. I am hoping to do that tomorrow but there is a good chance that we may be buying a new van tomorrow. We went to look at them and it was pretty clear which one made sense for us. So, depending on how long that takes, I may or may not have time/energy to make the 14 different meals. But, I have the food in the house, so I am motivated.

OK...I just went through my grocery list to see how much I actually spent. I had a few items at home so I guesstimated those prices and I did not include any of the staples. The total was just under $110. That would be for 14 meals, each typically serving more than enough for a dinner for four and then sometimes lunch the next day for 2-4 people. Definitely cheaper than going out.

7 comments:

Stef said...

Where do you buy your groceries?? That's an awesome price for 14 meals! Is that including things like meat & cheese??

Trixie said...

Can I come over for one of the 14 meals to try it out? hee hee

Maritez said...

I'm amazed that you are cooking 14 meals in ONE day....very impressive...I LOVE the idea, I just don't know if I have the "cooking stamina" to pull it off...

Andrea said...

Stef- I buy them at Winco. Now...I said 14 meals, but they are just the main parts for most of them. Still need to add a side dish or so for most of them. But, that does include the meat and cheese and whatever else needed!

Trixie- When would you (and your family) like to come over? We would love to have you!

Stef said...

Just curious - did you compare prices from Winco and Food Maxx? I've always wondered if one is really cheaper than the other?

Also, making the main dish is the hardest part, so doing that ahead of time totally makes sense!

Andrea said...

I have not done as much shopping at FoodMaxx...and the times I have gone I have not been as impressed with their prices as Winco. But, this is totally a subjective opinion, no real research has gone into this. I do the majority of my shopping at Winco, with supplemental trips to Raley's or Safeway, depending on the sales.

Anonymous said...

Good Blog, I think I want to find me, I will tell my other friends, on all