Thursday, December 11, 2008

Shopping

I realized today that Christmas is rapidly approaching and I hadn't made a list of what gifts I had already gotten and what needed to still be acquired. Once the list was made, I realized that while some people were completely taken care of, there were still some family members that were in desperate need of gifts. So, off to the stores today with James. What a trooper he is. We got a lot accomplished, but there is more to go. I also got to stop and chat with my friends Don and Jeanne, as I was picking up a bookmark that Don had made. What an amazing woodworker he is- I am amazed at his talent.

I did finish all the Christmas decorations today (well, except for the lights outside that may or may not go up) and cleaned up the residual mess of boxes. I had a short, nice visit with Tonya as she stopped by with a tray of Christmas goodies. Yumm! If anyone ever wants to stop by, feel free to come on over. You don't need to come bearing treats, we love entertaining people, even if it is just for a quick hello.

If you are wondering why there have been no recipes....it is because La Costa and In N Out don't have recipes, just menus! I have been busy doing other things, so out for food we went yesterday and tonight.

I am in the middle of reading a few books. I am reading The Shack and Going Dutch in Beijing : How to Behave Properly When Far Away From Home. I find that James is nursing less, so I am reading less. Hmmm....need to find other times to slip in the reading time!

My next blog hurdle to tackle is pictures....perhaps this weekend.

No comments: