Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pizza and Family Game Night

We used to have a pizza and family game night every Thursday, but since James has come it has been sporadic at best. Tonight we had Little Caesars Pizza and played two games- we started with Sequence, which we just got at a family game exchange night (thanks Abasolo's!) and then finished with Set. Earlier in the day Maria, James and I went to an Explorer's Holiday event, where Maria decorated a gingerbread cake train. Yummy, yummy, yummy. I am eating some as I type this in fact.

One of the things we are doing with James that I was not familiar with my older two kids is EC. EC is eliminating communication and it involves taking babies to use a potty at an early age. I stumbled upon a book at the library titled Early Start Potty Training when James was about 1 month. We started taking him to the potty, holding him over and cuing him to go, and amazingly enough, it works! We don't catch all of his pees or poops, but we get a lot, especially the poops. The things that make me happy sure have changed!

3 comments:

wedogmomma said...

I LOVE sequence...and FYI I just saw a kids version you can get for James in a few years ;)
It has pictures rather than #s...

Can I get in on that Game Exchange?? Let me know when Open Enrollment happens ....

And I'm STILL impressed by that potty training trick! How cool for you AND him...no stinky bottoms :D
YAY!

Andrea said...

I wasn't the one that organized the Game Exchange, but I thought it was a great idea. Each family that participated filled out a questionnaire. Then each family was given another families filled out form with desired games listed, along with other fun facts. We then met at Round Table to have dinner and exchange presents. But...if anyone wants to borrow any of our games, feel free to ask. Or, invite yourself over so we can play a game together!

Carol Connell said...

Hi Andrea,

Have you ever read the book To Train Up A Child by Michael and Debbie Pearl? In their book(which deals mostly with discipline and is great)they mention this potty training method that you talked about. When I first heard of it, both my kids were already potty trained, but it does seem to work. I hope you don't mind me adding you to my blogroll. Happy Holidays!

Carol
www.writeathome.wordpress.com