Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mat Pilates

I did a mat Pilates class today at Diamond Hills Sports Club. Ouch! I found out I am not as limber as I once was. But what a beautiful club with great facilities. I am taking four free classes there this month and that has gotten Ken and I to start talking about possibly joining a health club again. So we will be looking at Diamond Hills along with Club One and In Shape. While the price per month is a definite factor, the bigger factor is which one would we actually use. That is the real trick to a health club....not getting a membership, but using the membership consistently!

I just finished reading Blood River today which is the true story of journalist Tim Butcher's recreating a Victorian gentleman's journey on the Congo River. This was an amazing book. The areas he travelled were more modern in the 50's than they are today...it is one of the few places on earth that the grandparents have lived more progressively than their grandchildren. This was also where The African Queen was filmed, so now I am watching this film. I am fascinated by how various books and videos come into my life. I sometimes go to the library and get books off the hold shelf, and I have no idea why I put them on hold, but they will be gems.

Had one of the freezer meals today- Playoff Burgers. Yummy. How nice that was to have sitting in the refrigerator, waiting to be cooked. It took away all the temptation of going out to dinner and it was so nice to sit down as a family at the table. James joined in, but he ate banana, sweet potato, oatmeal and apple sauce instead.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am loving the book reviews, I think I will check this one out. I am sure my dad would like it as well.