Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cardio Tennis

The third class at the health club. This time it was Cardio Tennis. Huff...puff...wow, what a workout. It was fun being outside and running around on the court...makes me want to get a program going with some kids. Of course I would need to remember some of the exercises that she had us do...but something I will let percolate in my mind.

I just organized all of my random recipes that I have printed off the internet, gotten from friends, or torn out of magazines. The amount of time I spent looking through the huge stack of random papers was getting frustrating, so I put them all in plastic sleeves and did a rough division...drinks, breakfast, breads, side dishes, main dishes, and desserts. I need to go back through and divide these categories into smaller chunks, but at least it is now manageable again. I realize how much more I have been cooking for my family recently. That makes me feel good.

I love spell check...it would be very embarrasing to see my posts without spell check being utilized! My older kids are in a spelling bee at the end of the week and William is quite the natural speller. I often ask him how to spell word when I am stuck. Amazing how everyone's mind is wired a bit differently.

Off to do some typical chores....I am pretty thankful that I can do them. I have the physical capabilty of doing them, I have a house that needs tidying, I have enough clothes that I can do laundry and let it stack up, I have a bed that needs to be made, I have new towels that need to be washed, I have books and schoolwork and paperwork that need to be put into their proper places, I have a shower I can take a long, hot shower and listen to the radio, I have knitting I want to do as long as the urge to read doesn't overtake me, I have sooooo much to be thankful for.

4 comments:

Maritez said...

I have several of my recipes organized like that too...although I am a recipe and cookbook hoarder...I have tons and STILL can spend hours online looking for new ones. I like the ease of getting to them & the sleeves protect them from kitchen messes!

I love the ending to your post...yes, its great to be reminded that although our chores can easily seem burdensome, they are there because we have been blessed with so much :D

P.S. Your class sounds like great fun...I miss playing tennis!

Trixie said...

Can we do a chore exchange - like the casserole exchange? I'll come over and do some of your chores and you can do some of mine? hee hee

I am organizing something that is taking a little bit of time myself! I am trying to get all the ebooks off of my computer. I printed the first couple pages of the books so that I can "file" them in a binder so that I know what I have for a later date. It is taking a little longer than I realized! (but...well worth it!) Next up....were the recipes also!

Andrea said...

A chore exchange? That sounds like a neat concept. Doing things in community sure makes the task lighter.

Nellie in CA said...

I bought 3 ring binders at Costco along with a box of sheet protectors. I organized them into Food Network, main dishes, soups and salads, desserts, and ethnic categories.
I still have a box of recipe clippings to go through...