Saturday, January 24, 2009

Maria's Birthday

I have a fourteen year old daughter. How did that happen? I have a hard time believing that she is only 18 months from her permit, 2 years from her license, 4 years from being a legal adult....and the list goes on. I find parenting a balancing act. How to have the appropriate limits for the different ages and what freedoms to allow and when? There are no easy answers, because it is different for each child and certainly is always changing since they are always getting older.

I finished reading People of the Book today and it was a very well-written, compelling story. I did not know what to expect but I was very pleased that I found and read this book. It is neat to think of the history of items and what went into them being created and what they have lived through. I thought this book did a very elegant job of tracing the history of the creation of a book. I read certain books such as this one and am amazed at how a writer can craft words and ideas together to create such an enjoyable read.

1 comment:

wedogmomma said...

That's VERY Cool...and I'm sure Very strange to process mentally!

Happy Birthday Maria....you will no doubt have one of THE most interesting lifes since you have such creative and loving parents!