Thursday, January 8, 2009

Game Night!

Thursday night- Pizza and Game Night at the Balderrama's. Well, instead of pizza tonight, we went to the Texas Roadhouse in Tracy, one of our favorite recipes. Nothing like steak and ribs and loaded sweet potatoes! My husband sat next to James and he was a fantastic multi-tasker. He managed to feed James all kinds of different food from the table (bread, crackers, sweet potatoes...not sure if any french fries snuck in) while engaging in conversations and eating his own food. What an awesome guy! We then came home and played a few games of poker and one round of Hearts.

What else has been keeping us busy? Community Bible Study started up yesterday. How nice it was to be back together with friends and learning more about God's word. Playgroup was also yesterday and there was a great turnout. I am trying to walk to as many things as possible and it is great being able to have the time to do this.

And how could I forget the big event of today....today was the Geography Bee that Maria and William both participated in. Granted, we did all of no preparation for this, but it sure was neat to listen to the answers. Thirteen students participated and William made it to the second of three rounds and Maria ended up tying for third place. I was very impressed with both of them.

2 comments:

Trixie said...

I have wanted to check out that restaurant since you mentioned it at the MNO. I have it on my big piece of paper that I was "taking notes" on. William and Maria did a GREAT job today - I am working on the photos next!

wedogmomma said...

I remember being impressed by your kids at last year's spelling bee...
I'm looking forward to the Geo bee one day :D
And praise God for good daddy's without which how could we survive?!?