Friday, February 13, 2009

Saying goodbye to (most) of my family

Today Ken left for London for 10 days. Maria and William left for Winter Camp for 4 days. And James is in bed. It is quiet here. I don't mind being alone- there is always something to do. Like read a book. Eat dinner. Put away toys and laundry. Blog. What are my plans for the rest of the weekend while everyone is gone? Maybe visit my sister Annabelle. Go to church. Go to one of my bookclubs. Playgroup. So, while not as many people doing as many things, I still have a few things on my calendar. And, even though three people are gone from the house, there are still three people here- my dad, James, and myself.

I just finished reading My Jesus Year: A Rabbi's Son Wanders the Bible Belt in Search of His Own Faith by Benyamin Cohen. This book was very well-written, humorous, and thought provoking. I would definitely recommend it. I find I really enjoy books written by a person who sets out for a year (or any other time period) to accomplish a certain goal. Such as reading the Encyclopedia Britannica. Or competing in professional scrabble tournaments. Or living Biblically for a year. And so on. I guess I like to live vicariously!

I just the link to be able to view the photos from Monday's session at JC Penney. If you would like to see more, let me know and I will send you the link. But, for those of you that don't need to see all 21, here are a few of the highlights. I love these pictures! The first one is my dad and all my kids- James is 9 months, Maria is 14 years old and William is 11 years old. The second one captures my dad and James!




6 comments:

wedogmomma said...

I doubt that your house could ever feel empty when it's filled with so much love! Awwww....I mean it!

And those pictures are wonderful.....though the one of James and your dad is alternately sweet and reminiscent of a horror film!
Happy Valentine's day Balderrama family!

Dee Collins said...

We leave for London, Feb 24th. Will Ken still be there? We will be there until March 9th.

The Jerrolds Family said...

I love the pictures of James & your father. Enjoy your semi-peaceful days...

Maritez said...

I think I'd like to enter a professional scrabble tournament...the pictures turned out great! And I loved meeting your "older" kids today. It was so sweet to watch your son sit and play with Jonah today. Jonah was loving it!

Sonya said...

Oh, I missed this pic. What great memories! Love the one with James and Joe. Very cool.

Nellie in CA said...

Isn't JC Penney just the best for photos?
I have been going there for years. They do such a great job...always.I have never been disappointed.