Monday, February 16, 2009

Kids back from camp!

Maria and William are back safe and sound from camp. It sounds like they had a great time. I am so thankful that they have opportunities like this to learn and grow and to have fun too.

James has been out of it the last couple of days. I think it is due to his top two front teeth coming in. It sure makes me sad to hear him whimper and cry, even in his sleep. We have been doing a lot of cuddling and nursing and I have been giving him some ibuprofren for the pain. I have had teething tablets recommended to me, along with the stuff you rub onto the gums to numb them. I think I may be going shopping tomorrow to try to find these things. He slept horrible last night and tonight doesn't look to be much better.

I have been spending a lot of time at Panera Bread. Yesterday after church I went to a bookgroup meeting there in the morning and then this evening went to a Secret Pal revealing there. I had NO IDEA who my awesome secret pal was, so it sure was fun to find out who she was. One of the things she gave me this evening was a book called Hands of My Father: A Hearing Boy, His Deaf Parents, and the Language of Love by Myron Uhlberg. It looks so interesting....I can't wait to dig in! But, first I need to read some library books that are due soon!

4 comments:

wedogmomma said...

Sweet James!
That's the worst...teething!
During the day my kids used to like to gnaw on a clean, damp washcloth...do you love that I had to specify a 'clean' one? (ah, so things go at my house!)

PS- I SO know that I messed up on that email to AK...what else is new??
I'm NOT closing out the directory quite yet! ta ha!
-praying for you and James right now...night!

Dee Collins said...

please tell me about the book, hearing boy with deaf parents, when you finish it. Might be something I would like to read. Thanks. So sorry about James, it's not fun.

Sonya said...

Teething...a blurry memory, probably due to lack of sleep. Hang in there kiddo.

Nellie in CA said...

homeopathic teething tablets by Highlands. Have you tried those? my children did well with them. some walmarts carry them.

We are starting a new round of just the opposite--teeth coming out. Christopher lost his first tooth yesterday. One more is coming out any day.