Sunday, March 22, 2009

San Francisco

Maria went to spend a week in San Francisco with ReImagine with 11 other students and 4 adults. "ReIMAGINE is a Bay Area Center for Life Integration based in San Francisco. We fuel initiatives integrating spiritual formation, community building, the arts and social action. As a collective of artists, activists, educators, tech professionals and social entrepreneurs we invite people into conversations, projects and community experiences that explore the question: 'How can we cultivate a way of life together that leads to greater wholeness for ourselves and our world?'" If you want to read more about what Maria will be doing, click here.

James and I drove to the Mission District with all the luggage and sleeping bags. My sister Annabelle met me there and we walked around, somewhere between 3-4 miles. We went to lunch (yummy Machaca), Mission Dolores, garage sales, and a park. It was a fantastic day.

Here is Annabelle (or should I say Auntabelle) and James at Mission Dolores.






Here I am with James at Mission Dolores Park, where there were so many things going on. James hung out in the swing for more than 30 minutes and then got to ride his newly aquired ride-on toy that I bought at a garage sale. Annabelle commented that it was like being in a picture book of a perfect day at the park. There was jump roping, slack line walking, dogs chasing balls, kids playing, kites flying, music playing, people relaxing, families throwing balls around and more going on. I love being immersed in an atmosphere like this.


3 comments:

wedogmomma said...

You're such a ball of fun!
and oooo a SF garage sale...I've never even dreamed of such a thing :D
Good times....yay for James AND Maria!

Sonya said...

OMG-you were in my old neighborhood! My sister and her new hubby live kiddie corner from Dolores Park. How funny. Sounds like you had a fun day.

Annabelle said...

That WAS so much fun! I enjoyed the park too- the company, the surroundings, and the coffee accompanied by a butter-dripping croissant!

Life is good!