Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lasagna, Apple Crisp, and Boundaries

Well, no one was able to take me up on my last minute offer of lasagna, so I know what we get to have tomorrow for leftovers! Look at how much is still left.

If anyone wants to pop by tomorrow, I know what we will be having for lunch and dinner! Then, to finish off the meal, we had apple crisp, of which there are also leftovers.



Talk about comfort food. Both of these dishes are from my childhood memories.

And, since I haven't posted any pictures of James for a bit...here are two from dinner.




And, on a totally different note, I just finished reading the book "Boundaries: When to Say Yes, When to Say No To Take Control of Your Life" by Dr. Cloud and Dr. Townsend. What a convicting book. This is the first time I have read it and I really just went through and read it. I would like to go through this book again more methodically and perhaps even do the study guide with someone or a group. This book showed me a lot of areas that I still need to work on...growing sure is painful sometimes. But, it is good to grow, even though it can be hard work. I also put Boundaries with Kids on hold at the library...always wanting to learn ways I can be a better mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you wait till I get home? I would love to get together and do that one!!

FREEZE the lasagna and apple crisp!! It will be fine!

Love the pictures of James - love his smile!

wedogmomma said...

I'm SO taking you up on a dinner one day....it didn't work out since my hubby's schedule is Crazy!
But it looks amazing!
I've always wanted to read one of those boundary books....but i AM scared :}
I'm down for a study though....total motivation to not put the book down and then walk away. It's funny, I reserve books for the kids at the library...but not so much for myself yet.....good reminder!

Stef said...

this post made me hungry... and I just ate. :)
I'm not sure why, but my blog stopped giving me updates to your blog. I'm very annoyed now. I'm going to go fix it. Thankfully I noticed the update from Jill's account. See you Wednesday!