Friday, January 15, 2010

Rest is good

Life continues. It is amazing what rest does to restore oneself. I find if I am able to get a nap in the middle of the day, the nights are much more bearable. Plus, going to bed earlier when Joseph goes to sleep for the first shift is also good. It is hard though....there are other things that I want to do....but I need to remind myself continually that this is such a short season and I just need to enjoy the time with a newborn. So, resting, reading, relaxing, gazing at Joseph, playing with James, and maintaining the basics of the household are what occupy the bulk of my time nowadays. And, I couldn't do it without the amazing help of Maria and William. They are both so incredibly willing to serve and to either hold Joseph or play with James....it is a wonderful thing to watch.

1 comment:

Stef said...

I love how you said "this is such a short season and I need to enjoy it" - so true and a good lesson to learn! I'm not sure I fully enjoyed the newborn days until Kara was born.

Joseph is adorable. The pictures of his perfectly round, chubby body are making me ache to hold a newborn.