Saturday, August 22, 2009

Birthdays and Bocce

I have done a lot since I last posted....including celebrating a birthday! I had a nice, extended birthday celebration, starting on Monday, August 10 with lunch at Vic Stewarts with three of my best friends, on Wednesday, August 12 (my actual birthday) went to Santa Cruz Beach and Boardwalk with a homeschool group I am involved with, on Friday, August 14 went to Mountain View/Palo Alto to with my whole family for lunch to celebrate not just my birthday but my sister Annabelle's, on Monday, August 17 went to lunch with another neat friend at India 4 U, and then to end the birthday celebrations, had a fantastic afternoon and lunch at my in-laws on Tuesday, August 18. I am so blessed to have special people in my life to celebrate with.

Last night I went for the first time to Campo di Bocce of Livermore with three other ladies from the Mothers of Brentwood and played bocce. What a neat place. We had appetizers and desserts and their food was yummy. I have never played bocce before on an actual court and boy was it fun! In fact, I plan on going again soon. If anyone ever wants to set up a Girls Night Out or a Couples Night Out, I am game!

5 comments:

Keli Gwyn said...

Andrea, Happy Belated Birthday. I'm glad you had such a wonderful celebration.

My family enjoys bocce ball. We play on sprawling lawns at parks in the area. It would be different playing on a real court.

Trixie said...

I DIDN'T know it was your birthday! A happy belated birthday to you, a happy belated birthday to you...a happy belated birthday, dear Andrea....a happy belated birthday to you!

You certainly extended the birthday celebrations! It is always sooo much fun!

wedogmomma said...

We've been trying to get a Couples Bocce Game going for a YEAR now!
Whew
Sounds like those plans need a revisit!
Happy birthday dear!
you're a blessing to SO many!

Maritez said...

First of all, happy belated birthday! And second, we have been to Campo di Bocce in Livermore for lunch and you are so right, their food is SO good! We didn't play when we were there, but the kids loved watching other people play :)

Annabelle said...

Happy Birthdays to us! And yes, you did go back to Bocce soon after! So fun!!