Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Packing for Road Trip (and some pictures)

I leave tomorrow for a road trip with James. We are driving to Seattle, where we will be meeting my sister Annabelle, my brother-in-law Ethan, and my niece Sarah, who will be arriving Friday night. On Sunday, my cousin Daniela will be flying in from Switzerland, and Sarah will be leaving with to tour with her school orchestra. Then, Annabelle, Ethan, Daniela, James and myself will drive back to California, stopping at various places in the Pacific Northwest such as Olympic National Park. We will also be visiting our good friend Will Royston and his wonderful wife Linda. We should be back by Sunday, April 19. I am looking forward to this, but with a bit of trepidation because I have no idea how James will do on a road trip like this. But, I guess the best way to find out is to do it.

Here are some pictures-
Annabelle with James

We hung a swing in our backyard that James loves.


Here is William!




James went with a bunch of other little ones to Habitot....he is there in the middle sitting on Emma's lap.

6 comments:

wedogmomma said...

You're So adventurous hot momma!
I love that you throw caution to the wind and MAKE memories with those kids...even as small and James is!
How ELSE will he learn to be easy going enough to fit into YOUR family ;)
praying for travel mercies...have SUCH a great time :D

and I LOVE the chaos in the last picture...TOO cute! Babies and toddlers at Habitot Oh My!

Maritez said...

I'll second what Nikki said...you are SO adventurous! Have a wonderful time, sounds like such a neat trip.

And I love that you caught the picture of the random boy taking advantage of the photo op (black pants trying to squeeze in ;)

Stef said...

You are adventurous! I hope you have a great time and I'll say a prayer for you, with regards to James being a good traveler.

Where is Habitot and what exactly is it? I'm so curious.

jillyco said...

Have a great trip Andrea!

Sonya said...

I remember when we drove to Canada and Isaac was about James' age. All 6 of us were crammed in a tiny mini van. That was an experience. I feared how Isaac would do bc he HATED the carseat. He absolutely screamed any time he had to sit in it. So, I did what every mother would do...I went to the health food store and bought a homeopathic liquid called Calm Child. This would be my "in case of emergency' serum. lol Can I tell ya I never needed it. He did fantastic! Good thoughts and wishes going your way.

Safe travels!!!

Annabelle said...

LOVE the photo of me and James!! We're too cute!! See you soon! Can't wait!!!

!!!